Implant Dentures – Brampton, Ontario
The Best Full-Arch Tooth Replacement
When our patients have lost numerous teeth, we know they are dealing with a stressful and painful situation. Replacing missing teeth shouldn’t add to their stress. We are happy to offer a wide range of dental restoration options to put the smile back on their faces. Following advanced tooth loss, we typically recommend a partial or full denture. By combining these custom restorations with dental implants, we can recreate the flawless natural appearance and function of patients’ smiles. If you want to find out more about your tooth replacement options from our team, give Torbram Dental a call today.
Why Choose Torbram Dental for Implant Dentures?
- Dental Implant Placement Performed In-House
- Latest Dental Implant Technology Used
- Dentist with 20+ Years of Experience
How Do Implant Dentures Work?
Traditional dentures rely on natural suction or a mild adhesive to remain secure in the mouth. Implant dentures are different. All of their support comes from prosthetic tooth roots that we surgically place beneath the gumline. They are thus incredibly strong and sturdy.
There are different types of implant dentures in Brampton, including those that are permanently attached to the implants as well as those that are removable. In some cases, it is even possible to retrofit a traditional denture to work with implants. The type of denture that is best for you will depend on your oral health and your personal preferences.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
You may be a candidate for an implant denture if:
- Your jawbone is healthy enough and large enough to accommodate dental implants.
- You are free of active gum disease and other conditions that could seriously compromise your body’s ability to heal after surgery.
- You have lost a significant number of teeth, or you will soon need to have numerous teeth extracted.
- You are tired of dealing with the hassles that come with a traditional denture.
Your implant dentist in Brampton will be happy to perform a thorough analysis of your oral health and let you know whether dental implants are right for you. Most patients are candidates, either right away or after some preparatory treatment.
The Implant Dentures Procedure
Dental implants replace missing tooth roots and create improved stability and longevity for partial and full dentures. To have your dental implants placed, we make small incisions in the soft tissue. Then, we position the implant posts into the jawbone. Once in place, your dental implants are covered with a protective cap that allows the posts to fuse with the gums and bone tissue over the course of several months. Once the implants have fully fused with the surrounding tissue, we attach an abutment that will connect the implants to your new set of prosthetic teeth.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Combining dentures and dental implants in Brampton offers numerous benefits:
- The dental implants offer a great level of stability and can enable you to eat virtually any food.
- Because the implants stimulate the jawbone, they prevent the bone deterioration that often occurs after tooth loss. That means your face will get to retain its natural, youthful shape for many years to come.
- Implant dentures have a much longer life expectancy than their traditional, non-implant counterparts.
- You can expect your new teeth to look and feel natural.
- Caring for implant dentures is neither time-consuming nor complex.