Dental Implants - Brampton, Ontario
Missing Teeth Replacement Options
Most people lose at least one tooth in their lifetime. One option to replace missing teeth is dental implants, which we offer at our Brampton, Ontario dental office. Missing teeth can cause lots of problems with your teeth and wreak havoc on your smile!
What are some of the consequences of missing teeth?
- Increased risk of cavities and gum disease: Missing teeth actually provide more places for plaque and tartar to hide, especially once missing teeth have caused the remaining teeth to shift into awkward positions.
- Shifting teeth and changes in bite: Other teeth will move into the space left behind by missing teeth. This causes major changes to your bite, and bite changes can spell problems for your TMJ, or temporomandibular joint. Missing teeth can increase problems with teeth grinding, and pressure caused by a shift in bite can cause further tooth loss.
- Loss of jawbone: Your jawbone has a specific job to do – it holds teeth in place. When a tooth goes missing, the jawbone no longer serves a function and begins to deteriorate in the spot where the tooth used to be.
- Changes in facial shape: Your teeth support your facial muscles, and without them, your face will begin to sag, making you look older and changing your appearance.
Dental implants from Torbram Dental in Brampton, Ontario can help counteract all of these missing tooth problems. Dental implants increase your confidence in your smile, provide reliable tooth replacement, and offer very predictable success rates. These are just some of the reasons to choose dental implants for tooth replacement.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide your smile with increased strength and stability. Missing teeth seriously diminish quality of life, interrupting your ability to speak, eat, and smile with confidence. In fact, missing teeth can negatively impact your overall health, making eating difficult to the point of causing nutritional deficiencies. You have different options for tooth replacement, of course, but Dr. Vince Fava recommends dental implants whenever possible for a number of reasons.
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Ability to eat and speak freely
- Bone support to prevent bone loss
- Long-lasting comfort and function
- No embarrassing slippage
- Better facial support for a more youthful appearance
Dr. Fava can perform the surgical implantation of your dental implants, as well as providing the dental crown that completes this tooth replacement procedure.
Dr. Fava can replace a single tooth with dental implants, and he can also provide you with implant-supported dentures. Implant-supported dentures are removable, just like traditional dentures, but instead of relying on natural suction or dental adhesives to stay in place, they attach to dental implants surgically implanted in your jawbone. Implant-supported dentures are a great option for people who are missing all of their teeth along an arch but want the stability and slip prevention of dental implants.
Considering dental implants? Contact Torbram Dental in Brampton, Ontario to make an appointment with Dr. Fava. Patients from Mississauga, Georgetown, and Woodbridge find our office convenient as well. Dr. Fava has extensive post-graduate training in oral surgery and dental implantation, so you know you can trust his highly-trained hand
Learn More about Implant Supported Dentures
What’s the Cost of Dental Implants?
For most people, dental implants are by far the best option for tooth replacement. Their high quality does come at a higher price compared to other methods. However, patients who choose this option agree it is well worth the investment for a long-lasting replacement that promotes better oral and overall health for a lifetime to come. The total cost will depend on a few factors -- and once we know the cost, we can begin discussing how to make dental implants affordable.
Learn More about the Cost of Dental Implants
Dental Implant Technology
In order to simplify dental implant supported tooth replacement plans and improve success rates, we utilize the most innovative techniques and technologies. This includes 3D CT scans and implant surgical guides. The goal of the advanced technologies utilized in dental implant tooth replacement plans is to deliver comfortable, effective dental care as quickly as possible with minimal discomfort and faster healing times. Once in place, a properly positioned dental implant post will remain in place for two decades or longer, anchoring your replacement tooth or teeth in place.
Learn More about Dental Implant Technology