August 19, 2018
Several advancements in dentistry over the last few decades have made it possible to preserve natural teeth for longer than before. Despite these improvements, tooth loss is still a common problem. In fact, at least 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth while another 35 million are living with complete tooth loss. To regain a complete smile, you now have several solutions available, including dentures and dental implants in Brampton. Your dentist will help to determine the best option to meet your needs.
Single Tooth Replacement
When even one tooth is missing, your quality of life and oral health can significantly decline. To fill the empty space in your smile, you can benefit from a traditional option or a solution that offers over a 95% success rate.
- Bridge and Crowns: A prosthetic tooth is used to bridge the gap between the remaining teeth. It is then held in place using dental crowns that are bonded to the adjacent teeth.
- Dental Implant: Now, you can replace both the root and crown of your tooth with a dental implant. An implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone. An abutment is then connected to the post to attach a custom-made dental crown.
Treating Multiple Missing Teeth
When several teeth are missing in a row, you can regain a complete smile using a variety of options, including:
- Partial Denture: Prosthetic teeth are attached to a gum-colored base that features a metal frame. It is held in place by clasping to your adjacent natural teeth.
- Dental Bridge and Crowns: Depending on how many teeth are missing, a bridge and crowns can be used to fill the space.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: A bridge of prosthetic teeth is created to fill the space of your missing teeth. Instead of using dental crowns to hold the oral appliance in place, one or two implant posts will be used.
Treating Complete Tooth Loss
When missing all your natural teeth on the top or bottom arch, eating can be nearly impossible. To restore your oral functions and your confidence, your dentist has a solution for you.
- Conventional Dentures: As the most traditional option to treat tooth loss, dentures in Brampton will allow you to chew, speak, and smile with ease. An acrylic base will feature prosthetic teeth. It is held in place using suction or an adhesive.
- Implant-Retained Denture: An average of 4 implant posts can be used to anchor your denture to your jawbone. It will closely look and feel natural while resolving many of the disadvantages that are associated with traditional options.
Which is the Right Choice for Me?
Your dentist will evaluate your oral health and discuss your lifestyle habits to determine which tooth replacement option will best meet your needs. Schedule your consultation today!
About Torbram Dental
Torbram Dental combines the experience and qualifications of our dental team with the latest advancements in dentistry. We provide personalized solutions to improve your oral health and your quality of life. If you are ready to treat your tooth loss, we have the treatments you need. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for a complete smile.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.