December 24, 2014
Do you avoid dental visits because of dental drills and needles? For the many patients who suffer from a dental anxiety, the very thought of dental work can send chills down the spine. Most of the time, their fear is derived from the presence of dental tools like drills, needles, or scalpels. Today however, modern dentistry affords the retirement of some of these tools, which have been replaced in many procedures, by the less invasive and pain free dental laser. Laser dentistry has completely replaced the need for these antiquated dental tools in many treatments. To enjoy the benefits of modern laser dentistry, make your next appointment with Torbram Dental. Dr. Fava consistently delivers comfortable, pain free care. Torbram Dental proudly serves patients throughout Brampton, Mississauga, Georgetown, Woodbridge, and the surrounding Ontario communities.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Dental lasers work by delivering beams of energy in light form. In dentistry, lasers can gently cut away or shape soft tissue. Lasers can also be used to strengthen the bond between a filling and a tooth. For teeth whitening treatment, lasers can enhance the effect of the bleaching agents.
How Is Laser Dentistry Used?
- Treat Periodontal Disease: Lasers can be used to remove diseased gum tissue and reshape the gum line. They can also be used to prevent gum disease from forming. Lasers remove tooth decay from tooth roots by removing the gum tissue covering the decay. They may also be used to decontaminate deep gum pockets that store bacteria.
- Gum Contouring: Lasers can be used in soft tissue crown lengthening procedures to reshape and expose healthy tooth underneath. This procedure may be performed to provide a stronger base for dental restorations, or to cosmetically reshape the gum line.
- Root Canal Therapy: Lasers can easily melt away root canal infection. They can also be used to sterilize the mouth before or during dental treatments.
Why Choose An Ontario Laser Dentistry For Your Dental Care?
- Laser dentistry reduces the need for anesthesia needles
- Laser dentistry helps patients avoid the dental drill
- Laser Dentistry minimizes bleeding and swelling during and after soft tissue procedures
- Laser Dentistry preserves more healthy tooth structure
Research has confirmed the effectiveness of laser dentistry as an alternative to dental drilling. Lasers are more accurate than other tools, and can significantly reduce post- treatment healing times. Although laser dentistry cannot be used with every procedure, it can make a valuable contribution toward your continued care and comfort. Make your laser dentistry appointment with Torbram Dental today. Dr. Fava and his team are highly qualified laser dentistry experts. Torbram Dental proudly restores smiles daily throughout Brampton, ON, Mississauga, Georgetown, Woodbridge, and nearby areas.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.